Dumbbell Hammer Curl
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and curling the weights up towards the shoulders while keeping the elbows close to the body. It primarily targets the biceps and forearms.
Dumbbell Hammer Curl Instructions
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your thighs.
- Keep your elbows close to your body and slowly lift the dumbbells towards your shoulders, keeping your palms facing each other.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Hammer Curl Form & Visual
Dumbbell Hammer Curl Benefits
- Targets the biceps brachii muscle, which helps to increase arm strength and size
- Engages the brachioradialis muscle, which helps to improve grip strength
- Allows for a neutral grip, which can be more comfortable for those with wrist pain or injury
- Can be performed with a variety of weights and equipment, making it accessible for beginners and advanced lifters alike
- Can be easily modified by changing the grip width or adding a twist at the top of the movement to target different areas of the biceps
Dumbbell Hammer Curl Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii
Dumbbell Hammer Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curl
- Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curl
- Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curl
- Standing Cross-Body Dumbbell Hammer Curl
- Reverse Grip Dumbbell Hammer Curl