Cable Seated Chest Press
Cable Seated Chest Press Instructions
- Adjust the seat height so that the handles are at chest level when you are seated.
- Sit on the machine with your back flat against the pad and your feet flat on the floor.
- Grasp the handles with an overhand grip and bring them to the sides of your chest.
- Push the handles forward until your arms are fully extended, but do not lock your elbows.
- Slowly bring the handles back to the starting position, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Seated Chest Press Form & Visual
Cable Seated Chest Press Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the pectoralis major and minor
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press exercises
- Provides constant tension throughout the movement, leading to increased muscle activation and growth
- Engages the triceps and shoulders as secondary muscles, leading to a more well-rounded upper body workout
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
- Offers a safer alternative to free weight exercises, as the cable machine provides a controlled and stable environment
Cable Seated Chest Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Anterior deltoids
- Triceps brachii
Cable Seated Chest Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Seated Chest Press
- Barbell Seated Chest Press
- Machine Seated Chest Press
- Resistance Band Seated Chest Press
- Single Arm Cable Seated Chest Press