Barbell Floor Calf Raise
This exercise involves standing on a raised platform with a barbell resting on the back of the shoulders, and then raising the heels off the ground to work the calf muscles. It is a great exercise for building strength and size in the calves.
Barbell Floor Calf Raise Instructions
- Place a barbell on the floor in front of you.
- Stand with the balls of your feet on the barbell, with your heels hanging off the edge.
- Hold onto a stable object for balance, such as a wall or a weight rack.
- Raise your heels as high as possible, contracting your calf muscles.
- Lower your heels back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Floor Calf Raise Form & Visual
Barbell Floor Calf Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the calf muscles
- Improves ankle stability and balance
- Targets the soleus muscle, which is often neglected in other calf exercises
- Can be done with heavy weights to increase muscle mass and power
- Can be done at home with a barbell and weight plates
Barbell Floor Calf Raise Muscles Worked
Barbell Floor Calf Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Barbell Floor Calf Raise
- Seated Barbell Calf Raise
- Standing Barbell Calf Raise
- Donkey Calf Raise with Barbell
- Smith Machine Calf Raise