Band Standing Chest Press
Band Standing Chest Press Instructions
- Adjust the height of the resistance band by attaching it to a sturdy anchor point at chest height.
- Stand facing away from the anchor point with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the resistance band handles with both hands and bring them to your chest, keeping your elbows bent and close to your sides.
- Push the handles away from your chest, extending your arms fully.
- Slowly bring the handles back to your chest, keeping your elbows bent and close to your sides.
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions.
Band Standing Chest Press Form & Visual
Band Standing Chest Press Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the pectoralis major and minor
- Engages the triceps and shoulders as secondary muscles
- Improves upper body strength and muscle definition
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press
- Can be performed with resistance bands, making it a convenient and portable exercise
- May be a safer alternative for those with shoulder or wrist injuries
Band Standing Chest Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major (chest muscles)
- Anterior deltoids (front shoulder muscles)
- Triceps brachii (back of upper arm muscles)
Band Standing Chest Press Variations & Alternatives
- Incline bench chest press
- Decline bench chest press
- Dumbbell chest press
- Cable chest press
- Machine chest press
- Close-grip chest press
- Wide-grip chest press
- Single-arm chest press
- Explosive chest press