Lying Single Leg Raise
Lying Single Leg Raise Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your left knee and place your left foot flat on the ground.
- Keep your right leg straight and lift it up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lower your right leg back down towards the ground, but do not let it touch the ground.
- Repeat this movement for 10-15 repetitions on your right leg.
- Switch to your left leg and repeat the exercise for 10-15 repetitions.
- For an added challenge, you can hold a small weight or resistance band around your ankle while performing the exercise.
Lying Single Leg Raise Form & Visual
Lying Single Leg Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the lower abdominal muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Lying Single Leg Raise Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Hip flexors
Lying Single Leg Raise Variations & Alternatives