This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and raising them up to shoulder level, keeping the arms straight. It primarily targets the shoulders and can be done in various variations such as front raises, lateral raises, and rear deltoid raises.
Dumbbell Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your thighs.
- Keep your arms straight and lift the dumbbells out to the sides until they reach shoulder height.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to your thighs.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Raise Form & Visual
Dumbbell Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the shoulder muscles
- Improves posture and stability
- Helps prevent shoulder injuries
- Can be done with light weights for toning or heavier weights for building muscle
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels
Dumbbell Raise Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Rotator cuff muscles (shoulder stabilizers)