Barbell Front Raise
Barbell Front Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a barbell with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the barbell at waist level with your arms fully extended.
- Slowly lift the barbell up to shoulder level, keeping your arms straight and your elbows slightly bent.
- Hold the barbell at shoulder level for a few seconds, then slowly lower it back down to waist level.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Front Raise Form & Visual
Barbell Front Raise Benefits
- Targets the anterior deltoids, or front shoulder muscles
- Improves shoulder strength and stability
- Helps to develop a more defined and sculpted shoulder appearance
- Can be performed with a variety of weights and rep ranges to suit individual fitness goals
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the shoulder by adjusting grip width or angle of movement
Barbell Front Raise Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (anterior)
- Triceps (long head)
- Upper pectoralis major