Cable Reverse Crunch
This exercise involves lying on your back with your legs raised and bent at a 90-degree angle, holding onto a cable machine with your arms extended above your head. You then contract your abs and lift your hips off the ground towards your chest, while pulling the cable towards your knees. This targets the lower abs and helps to strengthen the core.
Cable Reverse Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Loop a resistance band around a sturdy anchor point behind your head and hold onto the ends of the band with both hands.
- Extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling, keeping the band taut.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the ground, bringing your knees towards your chest.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your abs.
- Slowly lower your hips back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Reverse Crunch Form & Visual
Cable Reverse Crunch Benefits
- Targets the rectus abdominis, obliques, and hip flexors
- Increases core stability and strength
- Improves posture and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight and resistance
- Engages the entire core, rather than just the upper or lower abs
Cable Reverse Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
Cable Reverse Crunch Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Cable Reverse Crunch
- Single Leg Cable Reverse Crunch
- Cable Reverse Crunch with Twist
- Standing Cable Reverse Crunch
- Cable Reverse Crunch with Knee Tuck