Knee Raise Instructions
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips or extend them out in front of you.
- Lift your right knee up towards your chest while keeping your left foot firmly planted on the ground.
- Lower your right leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with your left leg.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
Knee Raise Form & Visual
Knee Raise Benefits
- Strengthens glutes and hamstrings
- Improves hip mobility and stability
- Helps to prevent lower back pain
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Knee Raise Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Knee Raise Variations & Alternatives
- High knee raise
- Low knee raise
- Alternating knee raise
- Oblique knee raise
- Reverse knee raise
- Single-leg knee raise
- Weighted knee raise
- Standing knee raise
- Seated knee raise