Eagle Pose Garudasana
This exercise is called the eagle pose or garudasana in yoga. It involves standing on one leg and wrapping the other leg around it while also crossing the arms in front of the body and intertwining them at the elbows. This pose helps to improve balance, flexibility, and focus.
Eagle Pose Garudasana Instructions
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Shift your weight onto your left foot and lift your right foot off the ground.
- Bend your right knee and cross your right thigh over your left thigh.
- Point your right toes toward the floor and hook your right foot behind your left calf.
- Bring your arms straight out in front of you and cross your left arm over your right arm at the elbows.
- Bend your elbows and bring your palms together in front of your face.
- Hold the pose for several breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
Eagle Pose Garudasana Form & Visual
Eagle Pose Garudasana Benefits
- Strengthens the triceps, chest, and shoulders
- Improves upper body stability and balance
- Increases core strength and stability
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Variations can be added to increase difficulty and target specific muscle groups
Eagle Pose Garudasana Muscles Worked
- Back muscles
Eagle Pose Garudasana Variations & Alternatives
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
- Garudasana arms
- Garudasana legs
- Garudasana twist