Resistance Band Reverse Crunch
This exercise involves using a resistance band to perform reverse crunches, which target the lower abs and hip flexors. The band adds extra resistance to the movement, making it more challenging and effective for building core strength.
Resistance Band Reverse Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your legs bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Place the resistance band around the arches of your feet and hold onto the ends of the band with your hands.
- Bring your knees up towards your chest, lifting your hips off the ground.
- As you lift your hips, contract your abs and pull the band towards your knees, keeping your arms straight.
- Slowly lower your hips back down to the ground, keeping tension on the band throughout the movement.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Resistance Band Reverse Crunch Form & Visual
Resistance Band Reverse Crunch Benefits
- Strengthens lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases hip mobility
- Enhances overall core stability
- Can help prevent lower back pain and injury
Resistance Band Reverse Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
Resistance Band Reverse Crunch Variations & Alternatives
- Resistance band crunch
- Reverse crunch
- Resistance band leg lifts
- Reverse crunch with leg extension
- Resistance band bicycle crunch