Single Arm Push Up
Single Arm Push Up Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Shift your weight onto your left hand and rotate your body to the right, extending your right arm straight out to the side.
- Bend your left elbow and lower your body towards the ground, keeping your right arm extended.
- Push back up to the starting position, keeping your core engaged and your body in a straight line.
- Repeat on the other side, shifting your weight onto your right hand and extending your left arm out to the side.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Single Arm Push Up Form & Visual
Single Arm Push Up Benefits
- Increases upper body strength
- Improves core stability and balance
- Targets specific muscle groups such as chest, triceps, and shoulders
- Challenges the body in a unique way, leading to greater overall fitness
- Can be modified to suit different fitness levels and abilities
Single Arm Push Up Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (deltoids)
- Core muscles (abdominals and obliques)
Single Arm Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Clap Push up
- Spiderman Push up
- One Leg Push up
- Decline Single Arm Push up
- Explosive Single Arm Push up