Cable Preacher Curl
This exercise involves using a cable machine to perform preacher curls, which target the biceps muscles. The cable provides constant tension throughout the movement, making it a challenging and effective exercise for building arm strength and size.
Cable Preacher Curl Instructions
- Adjust the cable machine to the appropriate height for your height.
- Attach a straight bar to the cable machine.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip, with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Rest your upper arms on the preacher bench, with your elbows at a 90-degree angle.
- Keeping your upper arms stationary, exhale and curl the bar towards your shoulders.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, squeezing your biceps.
- Inhale and slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Preacher Curl Form & Visual
Cable Preacher Curl Benefits
- Targets the biceps brachii muscle, helping to increase arm strength and size
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional preacher curls
- Provides constant tension on the biceps throughout the entire movement
- Helps to isolate the biceps and reduce involvement of other muscles
- Can be easily adjusted to target different areas of the biceps
Cable Preacher Curl Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii
Cable Preacher Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Single-arm Cable Preacher Curl
- Reverse-grip Cable Preacher Curl
- Standing Cable Preacher Curl
- Seated Cable Preacher Curl
- High-pulley Cable Preacher Curl