Cable Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place a cable attachment on the lowest setting of a cable machine.
- Face away from the machine and grasp the cable attachment with both hands, palms facing inwards.
- Keeping your back straight and your core engaged, hinge at the hips and lower your torso towards the ground, allowing the cable to pull your arms straight down.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the movement, then use your glutes and hamstrings to lift your torso back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Deadlift Form & Visual
Cable Deadlift Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
- Improves overall strength and power
- Helps to improve posture and balance
- Can be modified to accommodate different fitness levels and abilities
- Provides a low-impact alternative to traditional deadlifts
Cable Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
Cable Deadlift Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg cable deadlift
- Sumo cable deadlift
- Staggered stance cable deadlift
- Reverse grip cable deadlift
- Wide grip cable deadlift