Cable Pulldown Instructions
- Adjust the weight on the cable machine to a comfortable level.
- Attach a wide grip bar to the cable machine.
- Stand facing the machine and grab the bar with both hands, palms facing away from you.
- Step back a few feet to create tension in the cable.
- Keep your back straight and your chest up as you pull the bar down towards your chest.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly release the bar back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions.
Cable Pulldown Form & Visual
Cable Pulldown Benefits
- Targets the latissimus dorsi muscle, which is the largest muscle in the back and helps with overall upper body strength and posture
- Can be adjusted to target different areas of the back, such as the lower or upper region
- Allows for a full range of motion, which can help improve flexibility and mobility in the shoulders and back
- Can be done with different variations, such as using different grips or handles, to add variety to your workout routine
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels, as the weight can be adjusted and the exercise can be done with or without a bench
Cable Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Cable Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse grip cable pulldown
- Wide grip cable pulldown
- Narrow grip cable pulldown
- Single arm cable pulldown
- Behind the neck cable pulldown
- Close grip cable pulldown
- Assisted cable pulldown
- Isometric cable pulldown