Barbell Front Step Up
This exercise involves stepping up onto a platform or bench while holding a barbell in front of the body. It primarily targets the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings, while also engaging the core and stabilizer muscles. It can be modified by adjusting the height of the platform or the weight of the barbell.
Barbell Front Step Up Instructions
- Start by standing in front of a bench or step with a barbell resting on your shoulders.
- Place one foot on the bench or step, making sure your entire foot is firmly planted.
- Push through your heel and lift your body up onto the bench or step, bringing your other foot up to meet the first one.
- Step back down with the same foot you started with, keeping your other foot on the bench or step.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Barbell Front Step Up Form & Visual
Barbell Front Step Up Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases lower body power and explosiveness
- Engages the core muscles for added stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight or height of the step
Barbell Front Step Up Muscles Worked