Band Straight Arm Pulldown
This exercise involves using a cable machine to pull a straight bar down towards your chest while keeping your arms straight. It primarily targets the back muscles, specifically the lats, and can also engage the biceps and shoulders.
Band Straight Arm Pulldown Instructions
- Attach a straight bar to the high pulley of a cable machine.
- Choose a resistance band that provides the desired level of difficulty.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the bar with both hands, palms facing down and hands shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms fully in front of you, keeping your elbows locked.
- Engage your core and pull the bar down towards your thighs, keeping your arms straight.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then slowly release the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Straight Arm Pulldown Form & Visual
Band Straight Arm Pulldown Benefits
- Targets the lats, shoulders, and upper back muscles
- Improves posture and upper body strength
- Can be done with resistance bands, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Allows for a full range of motion, helping to increase flexibility and mobility in the shoulders
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the resistance of the band
Band Straight Arm Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Teres major
- Posterior deltoids
Band Straight Arm Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse grip band straight arm pulldown
- Single arm band straight arm pulldown
- Band straight arm pulldown with twist
- Band straight arm pulldown with overhead reach
- Band straight arm pulldown with squat