Band Seated Row
Band Seated Row Instructions
- Adjust the height of the cable machine to chest level.
- Attach a resistance band to the cable machine and sit on the bench facing the machine.
- Place your feet on the footrests and grab the resistance band with both hands, palms facing each other.
- Sit up straight with your shoulders relaxed and your core engaged.
- Pull the resistance band towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the end of the movement.
- Slowly release the resistance band back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Seated Row Form & Visual
Band Seated Row Benefits
- Strengthens the upper back muscles, including the rhomboids, trapezius, and latissimus dorsi
- Improves posture by pulling the shoulders back and down
- Targets the biceps and forearms as secondary muscles
- Can be modified to target different areas of the back by adjusting grip and hand placement
- Can be done with a variety of equipment, including resistance bands, cable machines, and dumbbells
- Low impact exercise that is easy on the joints
Band Seated Row Muscles Worked
- Rear deltoids
Band Seated Row Variations & Alternatives
- Single-arm seated row
- Wide-grip seated row
- Narrow-grip seated row
- Reverse-grip seated row
- T-bar row
- Cable seated row
- Dumbbell seated row
- Machine seated row