Cable Reverse Grip Pulldown
Cable Reverse Grip Pulldown Instructions
- Adjust the weight on the cable machine to a comfortable level.
- Attach a V-bar to the cable machine.
- Stand facing the machine and grab the V-bar with an underhand grip (palms facing towards you).
- Sit down on the bench and adjust the knee pad so that it fits snugly against your thighs.
- Lean back slightly and keep your chest up.
- Exhale and pull the V-bar down towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Inhale and slowly release the bar back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Reverse Grip Pulldown Form & Visual
Cable Reverse Grip Pulldown Benefits
- Targets the back muscles, specifically the lats, rhomboids, and traps
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Increases upper body strength and endurance
- Can be modified to target different areas of the back by adjusting grip width and hand placement
- Provides a safe and controlled movement for those with back injuries or limitations
Cable Reverse Grip Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii
- Latissimus dorsi
Cable Reverse Grip Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Wide Grip Cable Reverse Pulldown
- Narrow Grip Cable Reverse Pulldown
- Underhand Grip Cable Reverse Pulldown
- Neutral Grip Cable Reverse Pulldown
- Single Arm Cable Reverse Pulldown
- Resistance Band Reverse Pulldown
- Seated Cable Reverse Pulldown
- Standing Cable Reverse Pulldown