Cable Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown
Cable Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown Instructions
- Adjust the cable machine to a high position and attach a wide neutral grip bar to the cable.
- Stand facing the machine and grab the bar with both hands using a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders down and back.
- Engage your core and pull the bar down towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly release the bar back up to the starting position, keeping your arms slightly bent.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown Form & Visual
Cable Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown Benefits
- Targets the latissimus dorsi, which is the largest muscle in the back and helps with overall upper body strength and posture
- Engages the biceps and forearms as secondary muscles, improving grip strength
- Allows for a wider range of motion compared to traditional pull-ups or chin-ups
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight or using resistance bands
- Helps to improve overall upper body muscle definition and tone
Cable Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Biceps brachii
Cable Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Narrow Neutral Grip PullDown
- Cable Wide Overhand Grip PullDown
- Cable Close Underhand Grip PullDown
- Cable Reverse Grip PullDown
- Cable Single Arm Neutral Grip PullDown