Band Skull Crusher
This exercise involves lying on a bench with a resistance band wrapped around the back of your head and holding onto the ends of the band. From this position, you extend your arms and lower the band towards your forehead, engaging your triceps muscles.
Band Skull Crusher Instructions
- Lie down on a flat bench with your feet flat on the ground and your head at the end of the bench.
- Hold a resistance band with both hands and extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Bend your elbows and lower the resistance band towards your forehead, keeping your upper arms stationary.
- Pause for a moment and then extend your arms back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Skull Crusher Form & Visual
Band Skull Crusher Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and size in the arms
- Can be performed with a resistance band, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional skull crushers, which can help to increase muscle activation
- Engages the core muscles as well, helping to improve overall stability and balance
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the resistance band tension or using different hand positions
Band Skull Crusher Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Band Skull Crusher Variations & Alternatives
- Close-grip bench press
- Triceps pushdown
- Overhead triceps extension
- Single-arm dumbbell triceps extension
- Lying triceps extension
- Reverse grip triceps pushdown
- Triceps dips
- Triceps kickback