Band Close Grip Row
This exercise involves using a resistance band to perform a rowing motion with a close grip, targeting the muscles of the back and arms. The band provides variable resistance throughout the movement, making it a challenging and effective exercise for building strength and muscle.
Band Close Grip Row Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a resistance band with both hands, palms facing each other.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Bring your elbows close to your sides and pull the band towards your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly release the band back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Close Grip Row Form & Visual
Band Close Grip Row Benefits
- Targets the upper back muscles, including the rhomboids, trapezius, and rear deltoids
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Strengthens the grip and forearm muscles
- Can be done with resistance bands, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional barbell rows
Band Close Grip Row Muscles Worked