This exercise involves stretching the muscles in the back to improve flexibility and reduce tension. It can be done in various positions, such as standing, sitting, or lying down, and may involve reaching, twisting, or bending movements.
Back Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Slowly bend forward at the waist, keeping your knees slightly bent and your back straight.
- Reach your hands towards the ground and hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds.
- Slowly rise back up to a standing position.
- Repeat the stretch 2-3 times.
Back Stretch Form & Visual
Back Stretch Benefits
- Relieves tension and pain in the back muscles
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the spine
- Reduces the risk of back injuries
- Helps to correct poor posture
- Can be done anywhere without any equipment
Back Stretch Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae
- Latissimus Dorsi