Upper Back Stretch
Upper Back Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Interlace your fingers behind your back with your palms facing inward.
- Slowly lift your arms up and away from your body, keeping them straight and your shoulders relaxed.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in your upper back and shoulders.
- Release your hands and bring your arms back down to your sides.
Upper Back Stretch Form & Visual
Upper Back Stretch Benefits
- Relieves tension and stiffness in the upper back muscles
- Improves posture by opening up the chest and shoulders
- Reduces the risk of developing upper back pain and discomfort
- Increases flexibility and range of motion in the upper back
- Can be done anywhere, anytime, without any equipment
Upper Back Stretch Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae