Step Up on Chair
This exercise involves stepping up onto a chair and then stepping back down. It is a lower body exercise that targets the legs and glutes. It can be modified by adding weights or increasing the height of the chair.
Step Up on Chair Instructions
- Place a sturdy chair in front of you.
- Stand facing the chair with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step up onto the chair with your right foot, pressing through your heel to lift your body up.
- Bring your left foot up to meet your right foot on the chair.
- Step back down with your right foot, followed by your left foot.
- Repeat the exercise, starting with your left foot this time.
Step Up on Chair Form & Visual
Step Up on Chair Benefits
- Strengthens leg muscles, including quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the height of the chair
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in a gym
Step Up on Chair Muscles Worked
- Calf muscles
- Core muscles (abdominals and lower back)