Barbell Single Leg Deadlift
This exercise involves holding a barbell with one hand and standing on one leg while bending forward to lower the weight towards the ground. It primarily targets the hamstrings, glutes, and lower back muscles while also improving balance and stability.
Barbell Single Leg Deadlift Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet hip-width apart and holding a barbell in front of your thighs with an overhand grip.
- Lift your left foot off the ground and extend it behind you, keeping your knee slightly bent.
- Slowly hinge forward at the hips, lowering the barbell towards the ground while keeping your back straight and your right knee slightly bent.
- Lower the barbell until it is just above the ground, then slowly lift back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat on the other side.
Barbell Single Leg Deadlift Form & Visual
Barbell Single Leg Deadlift Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
- Increases core strength and stability
- Improves hip mobility and flexibility
- Helps to correct muscle imbalances between the left and right sides of the body
- Can be modified to increase or decrease the difficulty level
Barbell Single Leg Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Lower back