Lying Lower Back Stretch
Lying Lower Back Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a comfortable surface, such as a yoga mat or carpeted floor.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the ground, hip-width apart.
- Extend your arms out to the sides, palms facing up.
- Slowly lower both knees to one side, keeping your shoulders and arms flat on the ground.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in your lower back and hips.
- Slowly bring your knees back to center and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat the stretch on each side 2-3 times, or as desired.
Lying Lower Back Stretch Form & Visual
Lying Lower Back Stretch Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves hip mobility and flexibility
- Increases stability and balance
- Targets the glutes, hamstrings, and inner thighs
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
Lying Lower Back Stretch Muscles Worked
- Lower back muscles
- Gluteus maximus muscles
- Hamstring muscles
Lying Lower Back Stretch Variations & Alternatives