Kneeling Hip Thrust
This exercise involves kneeling on the ground with your feet flat on the floor and your hands on your hips. From this position, you thrust your hips forward and upward, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement. This exercise targets the glutes and can be done with or without added weight.
Kneeling Hip Thrust Instructions
- Start by kneeling on the ground with your hands on your hips.
- Place a resistance band around your thighs, just above your knees.
- Engage your glutes and core muscles.
- Slowly lean back, keeping your hips and core stable.
- Thrust your hips forward, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Lower your hips back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Kneeling Hip Thrust Form & Visual
Kneeling Hip Thrust Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases stability and balance
- Reduces risk of lower back pain
- Enhances overall body strength
- Improves flexibility
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Requires no equipment
- Can be done anywhere
Kneeling Hip Thrust Muscles Worked
Kneeling Hip Thrust Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg kneeling hip thrust
- Weighted kneeling hip thrust
- Band-resisted kneeling hip thrust
- Isometric hold kneeling hip thrust
- Feet-elevated kneeling hip thrust