Frog Hip Thrust
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, then lifting your hips up towards the ceiling while keeping your feet together and knees apart (like a frog). It targets the glutes and inner thighs.
Frog Hip Thrust Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place a small exercise ball or rolled-up towel between your knees.
- Bring your heels close to your glutes and place your arms by your sides.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your hips off the ground, squeezing the ball or towel between your knees.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, then lower your hips back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Frog Hip Thrust Form & Visual
Frog Hip Thrust Benefits
- Stretches the hips, thighs, and ankles
- Strengthens the lower back and core muscles
- Improves digestion and relieves constipation
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Can help alleviate menstrual discomfort
- May improve flexibility and range of motion in the hips and knees
Frog Hip Thrust Muscles Worked
Frog Hip Thrust Variations & Alternatives
- frog-hip-thrust with resistance band
- single-leg frog-hip-thrust
- weighted frog-hip-thrust
- frog-hip-thrust with pulse
- frog-hip-thrust with abduction