Side Shuttle Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Take a big step to your right with your right foot, keeping your left foot in place.
- Quickly bring your left foot to meet your right foot.
- Take a big step to your left with your left foot, keeping your right foot in place.
- Quickly bring your right foot to meet your left foot.
- Repeat this side-to-side movement for a set amount of time or repetitions.
Side Shuttle Form & Visual
Side Shuttle Benefits
- Improves lateral quickness and agility
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Strengthens leg muscles, particularly the quads and glutes
- Improves balance and coordination
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Side Shuttle Muscles Worked
Side Shuttle Variations & Alternatives
- Side Shuffle with Resistance Band
- Side Shuffle with Medicine Ball
- Side Shuffle with Dumbbells
- Side Shuffle with Kettlebell
- Side Shuffle with Jump Rope