Dumbbell Close Grip Press
This exercise involves using dumbbells to perform a close grip press, which primarily targets the triceps muscles. The movement involves bringing the dumbbells close together at the top of the press, which increases the activation of the triceps.
Dumbbell Close Grip Press Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your arms extended straight up above your chest.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment when the dumbbells are just above your chest.
- Push the dumbbells back up to the starting position, fully extending your arms.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Close Grip Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Close Grip Press Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and size in the arms
- Can be done with a variety of weights, making it accessible for beginners and advanced lifters
- Helps to improve overall upper body pressing strength and stability
- Can be done with dumbbells, making it a great exercise for those who prefer free weights over machines
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to other triceps exercises, such as the triceps pushdown
Dumbbell Close Grip Press Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
- Pectoralis major (sternal head)
- Anterior deltoid