Dumbbell Alternate Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Alternate Lateral Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keep your arms straight and lift one dumbbell out to the side until it reaches shoulder height.
- Lower the dumbbell back down to your side and repeat with the other arm.
- Continue alternating arms for the desired number of repetitions.
- Make sure to keep your core engaged and avoid swinging your body to lift the weights.
Dumbbell Alternate Lateral Raise Form & Visual
Dumbbell Alternate Lateral Raise Benefits
- Targets the lateral deltoid muscles, which are responsible for shoulder abduction and help create a wider shoulder appearance
- Improves shoulder stability and mobility
- Can be done with light weights, making it a great exercise for beginners or those with shoulder injuries
- Can be easily modified by changing the weight or angle of the raise to increase or decrease difficulty
- Helps to balance out the upper body and prevent muscle imbalances
Dumbbell Alternate Lateral Raise Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Supraspinatus (upper back)
- Infraspinatus (upper back)
- Terres Minor (upper back)