Cable Leaning Lateral Raise
Cable Leaning Lateral Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a cable in your right hand with your palm facing down.
- Lean to your left side, keeping your right arm straight and your left hand on your left thigh for support.
- Slowly raise your right arm out to the side, keeping it straight, until it is parallel to the ground.
- Hold for a second, then slowly lower your arm back down to your side.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch sides and repeat with your left arm.
Cable Leaning Lateral Raise Form & Visual
Cable Leaning Lateral Raise Benefits
- Targets the lateral deltoid muscles, which are responsible for shoulder abduction and help create a wider shoulder appearance
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional dumbbell lateral raises
- Provides constant tension on the muscles throughout the movement, leading to greater muscle activation and potential growth
- Can be easily adjusted for different fitness levels by changing the weight or cable height
Cable Leaning Lateral Raise Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Supraspinatus (upper back)
- Infraspinatus (upper back)
- Triceps (back of upper arm)