Cable Medius Kickback
Cable Medius Kickback Instructions
- Attach a cable to a low pulley and adjust the weight according to your fitness level.
- Stand facing the machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the cable handle with your right hand and place your left hand on your hip.
- Keep your back straight and your core engaged.
- Slowly kick your right leg back, keeping it straight, until your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a moment and squeeze your glutes.
- Slowly return your leg to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions and then switch sides.
Cable Medius Kickback Form & Visual
Cable Medius Kickback Benefits
- Targets the gluteus medius muscle, which helps with hip stability and balance
- Can improve overall lower body strength and power
- Can help prevent injuries, particularly in the knees and hips
- Can be easily modified to increase or decrease resistance
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or at the gym
Cable Medius Kickback Muscles Worked
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Maximus
Cable Medius Kickback Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Lateral Kickback
- Cable Rear Delt Fly
- Cable Glute Kickback
- Cable Tricep Kickback
- Cable Bicep Curl