Cable Donkey Kickback
This exercise involves attaching a cable to a low pulley and using it to perform a donkey kickback, which targets the glutes and hamstrings. The movement involves kicking one leg back while keeping the knee bent and squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement.
Cable Donkey Kickback Instructions
- Start by attaching a cable to a low pulley and securing it to your ankle with a cuff.
- Position yourself facing the machine with your hands on the frame for support.
- Keeping your knee bent, lift your leg back and up behind you, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Lower your leg back down to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Switch legs and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Cable Donkey Kickback Form & Visual
Cable Donkey Kickback Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quads, glutes, hamstrings, and core
- Improves lower body strength and stability
- Increases range of motion in hips and ankles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Helps improve posture and balance
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Cable Donkey Kickback Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Cable Donkey Kickback Variations & Alternatives
- Cable kickback
- Donkey kickback
- Cable donkey kick
- Standing cable kickback
- Seated donkey kickback