Ring Leg Curl
Ring Leg Curl Instructions
- Start by lying face down on a leg curl machine with your ankles secured under the padded bar.
- Place your hands on the handles and lift your hips off the bench so that your body is in a straight line.
- Slowly curl your legs towards your buttocks, keeping your knees together and your feet pointed.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your hamstrings.
- Lower your legs back down to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Ring Leg Curl Form & Visual
Ring Leg Curl Benefits
- Strengthens the hamstrings
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the glutes and calves as secondary muscles
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional leg curls
Ring Leg Curl Muscles Worked
- Core (stabilizing muscles)
Ring Leg Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Ring Curl
- Weighted Ring Leg Curl
- Ring Leg Curl with Resistance Band
- Ring Leg Curl with Stability Ball
- Ring Leg Curl with Dumbbells