Cable Forward Lunge
This exercise involves stepping forward with one foot while holding a cable or resistance band in each hand. The movement engages the legs, glutes, and core muscles, while also challenging balance and stability. The cable or resistance band adds an extra level of resistance to the exercise.
Cable Forward Lunge Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a cable or resistance band in both hands at chest height.
- Step forward with your right foot and lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground and your left knee is hovering just above the floor.
- As you lunge forward, extend your arms straight out in front of you, keeping the cable taut.
- Push off your right foot to return to the starting position, bringing your arms back to your chest.
- Repeat on the other side, stepping forward with your left foot.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Forward Lunge Form & Visual
Cable Forward Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the core muscles for added stability
- Increases hip mobility and flexibility
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Cable Forward Lunge Muscles Worked