Forward Lunge Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot, keeping your left foot in place.
- Bend your right knee and lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Make sure your right knee is directly above your right ankle and your left knee is hovering just above the ground.
- Push off with your right foot and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, stepping forward with your left foot.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
Forward Lunge Form & Visual
Forward Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, and core muscles
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases flexibility in the shoulders, chest, and spine
- Helps to develop focus and concentration
- Can be modified for different levels of fitness and ability
Forward Lunge Muscles Worked
Forward Lunge Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse lunge
- Walking lunge
- Curtsy lunge
- Side lunge
- Jumping lunge