Barbell Narrow Stance Squat
This exercise involves holding a barbell on your shoulders while standing with your feet close together. You then squat down, keeping your back straight and your knees in line with your toes, before standing back up. This exercise primarily targets the quadriceps, but also works the glutes, hamstrings, and core.
Barbell Narrow Stance Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Place the barbell on your upper back, resting it on your traps.
- Take a deep breath and brace your core.
- Slowly lower your body by bending your knees and pushing your hips back.
- Keep your chest up and your back straight as you descend.
- Lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pause for a moment, then push through your heels to stand back up.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Narrow Stance Squat Form & Visual
Barbell Narrow Stance Squat Benefits
- Targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves lower body strength and power
- Increases core stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps improve overall athletic performance
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Barbell Narrow Stance Squat Muscles Worked