Band Assisted Chin Up
This exercise involves using a resistance band to assist in performing a chin-up. The band is looped around the chin-up bar and then around the feet or knees to provide support and make the exercise easier to perform. This exercise targets the muscles in the back, shoulders, and arms.
Band Assisted Chin Up Instructions
- Attach a resistance band to a pull-up bar.
- Step onto the resistance band and grip the bar with your palms facing towards you.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended.
- Engage your back muscles and pull your body up towards the bar.
- Pause at the top of the movement and then slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Assisted Chin Up Form & Visual
Band Assisted Chin Up Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles
- Improves upper body strength
- Increases muscle endurance
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Allows for variation in resistance by using different strength bands
Band Assisted Chin Up Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Band Assisted Chin Up Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted chin-up
- Assisted chin-up machine
- Negative chin-up
- Close-grip chin-up
- Wide-grip chin-up