Assisted Parallel Close Grip Pull Up
This exercise involves using a pull-up bar and a parallel grip attachment to perform a pull-up with assistance from a resistance band or machine. The close grip targets the muscles in the back and arms, particularly the biceps and lats.
Assisted Parallel Close Grip Pull Up Instructions
- Stand under the pull-up bar and reach up to grab it with a close grip, with your palms facing towards you.
- Jump up or use a step to get your chin above the bar.
- Lower yourself down slowly, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- When your arms are fully extended, pull yourself back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Assisted Parallel Close Grip Pull Up Form & Visual
Assisted Parallel Close Grip Pull Up Benefits
- Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability
- Assists in developing proper form for full sit-ups
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Assisted Parallel Close Grip Pull Up Muscles Worked
- Middle back
Assisted Parallel Close Grip Pull Up Variations & Alternatives
- Assisted pull-up
- Parallel grip pull-up
- Close grip pull-up