Wide Grip Rear Pull Up
Wide Grip Rear Pull Up Instructions
- Stand in front of a pull-up bar with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Reach up and grab the bar with an overhand grip that is wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended and your shoulders relaxed.
- Engage your back muscles and pull your chest towards the bar, keeping your elbows pointed out to the sides.
- Pause at the top of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position with control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Wide Grip Rear Pull Up Form & Visual
Wide Grip Rear Pull Up Benefits
- Targets the upper back muscles, specifically the latissimus dorsi
- Improves overall upper body strength and endurance
- Helps to improve posture by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
- Increases grip strength and forearm endurance
- Can be modified to target different areas of the back by adjusting grip width and hand placement
Wide Grip Rear Pull Up Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Posterior deltoids
- Biceps brachii