Weighted Pull Up
Weighted Pull Up Instructions
- Attach a weight to a weight belt or hold a dumbbell between your feet.
- Hang from a pull-up bar with your palms facing away from you and your arms fully extended.
- Engage your shoulder blades and pull yourself up towards the bar until your chin is above the bar.
- Lower yourself back down to the starting position with control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Weighted Pull Up Form & Visual
Weighted Pull Up Benefits
- Increases upper body strength and muscle mass
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, biceps, and shoulders
- Improves grip strength and forearm muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight or using assistance bands
- Helps with overall body control and stability
Weighted Pull Up Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Biceps brachii
- Forearm muscles