The Standing Scissors exercise involves standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and alternating lifting each leg straight out in front of you while keeping your core engaged. This exercise targets your lower abs, hip flexors, and quads.
Standing Scissors Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Step your right foot forward and your left foot back, keeping your toes pointed forward.
- As you step forward, raise your arms out to the sides and up above your head.
- Lower your arms and step your left foot forward and your right foot back, again keeping your toes pointed forward.
- As you step forward with your left foot, raise your arms out to the sides and up above your head.
- Continue alternating your steps and arm movements for 10-15 repetitions.
Standing Scissors Form & Visual
Standing Scissors Benefits
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Strengthens leg muscles, including quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves
- Increases hip flexibility and mobility
- Improves balance and coordination
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Standing Scissors Muscles Worked
Standing Scissors Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Cross Scissors
- Standing Double Scissors
- Standing Reverse Scissors
- Standing Side Scissors
- Standing Single Scissors