This exercise involves jumping from a standing position and landing in a lunge position with one leg forward and the other leg back, then jumping and switching the position of the legs. It is a plyometric exercise that helps to improve lower body strength, power, and agility.
Scissor Jumps Instructions
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and jump up as high as you can.
- While in the air, cross your right foot in front of your left foot and land on the ball of your left foot.
- Immediately jump again and switch your feet so that your left foot is in front of your right foot and land on the ball of your right foot.
- Continue jumping and switching your feet in a scissor-like motion.
- Try to keep your jumps as high as possible and your movements as quick as possible.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Scissor Jumps Form & Visual
Scissor Jumps Benefits
- Strengthens the muscles in the arms, shoulders, and chest
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Scissor Jumps Muscles Worked
- Calf muscles
- Core muscles