Split Squats Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and take a big step forward with your right foot.
- Lower your body down until your right thigh is parallel to the ground and your left knee is hovering just above the floor.
- Push through your right heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side by taking a big step forward with your left foot.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of reps or time.
Split Squats Form & Visual
Split Squats Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the legs, glutes, and core
- Increases flexibility in the hips and legs
- Can be done with or without weights, making it accessible for all fitness levels
- Targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes more effectively than traditional squats
- Helps to correct muscle imbalances between the left and right legs
- Can be modified to target different muscle groups by adjusting foot placement and depth of the lunge
Split Squats Muscles Worked