Dumbbell Split Squat
This exercise involves holding dumbbells while performing a split squat, which targets the legs and glutes. The movement involves stepping forward with one foot and lowering the back knee towards the ground, then pushing back up to the starting position.
Dumbbell Split Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Take a large step forward with your right foot and lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Make sure your left knee is hovering just above the ground.
- Push through your right heel to return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side by stepping forward with your left foot.
- Complete 3 sets of 10-12 reps on each leg.
Dumbbell Split Squat Form & Visual
Dumbbell Split Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight and depth of squat
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
Dumbbell Split Squat Muscles Worked