Single Leg Heel Touch Squat
Single Leg Heel Touch Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Lift your left foot off the ground and extend it straight out in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and lower your body into a squat, reaching your left hand down to touch your right heel.
- Push through your right foot to stand back up, bringing your left foot back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, lifting your right foot and touching your left heel with your right hand.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Single Leg Heel Touch Squat Form & Visual
Single Leg Heel Touch Squat Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings
- Increases ankle and knee stability
- Helps prevent knee injuries
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Can be done with or without weights
- Engages the core muscles for added stability
Single Leg Heel Touch Squat Muscles Worked
Single Leg Heel Touch Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg squat
- Heel touch squat
- Single-leg heel touch squat with dumbbell
- Single-leg heel touch squat with kettlebell
- Single-leg heel touch squat with resistance band