Roman Chair Sit Up
This exercise involves sitting on a Roman chair with your feet secured and performing sit-ups by bending your torso forward and then returning to the starting position. It primarily targets the abdominal muscles and can be modified to increase or decrease the difficulty level.
Roman Chair Sit Up Instructions
- Start by sitting on the Roman chair with your back against the pad and your feet secured under the footpads.
- Place your hands behind your head or across your chest.
- Slowly lower your upper body towards the floor, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the movement, then slowly raise your upper body back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Roman Chair Sit Up Form & Visual
Roman Chair Sit Up Benefits
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability
- Helps to prevent lower back pain
- Increases flexibility in the hip flexors
- Improves posture
Roman Chair Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
Roman Chair Sit Up Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Roman Chair Sit Up
- Decline Roman Chair Sit Up
- Oblique Roman Chair Sit Up
- Reverse Roman Chair Sit Up
- Twisting Roman Chair Sit Up