Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown
This exercise involves using a resistance band to perform triceps pushdowns, which target the triceps muscles in the arms. The band is attached to a stable object above the head, and the individual pulls the band down towards their thighs while keeping their elbows close to their body. This exercise can be done anywhere and is a great way to strengthen and tone the triceps.
Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown Instructions
- Attach the resistance band to a sturdy anchor point above your head.
- Grab the band with both hands and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms straight down towards the floor, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Engage your triceps and push the band down towards your thighs, keeping your elbows stationary.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then slowly release back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown Form & Visual
Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to tone and strengthen them
- Can be done with a resistance band, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Helps to improve overall arm strength and definition
- Can be modified to increase or decrease resistance, making it suitable for all fitness levels
- Is a low-impact exercise, making it a good option for those with joint pain or injuries
Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown
- Reverse Grip Resistance Band Triceps Pushdown
- Overhead Resistance Band Triceps Extension
- Close Grip Resistance Band Pushup
- Resistance Band Triceps Kickback